How Your Organization Can Help Project Kandwar:
Money may not be everything in life but it is next to whatever is. Your cash contributions will make a difference in the lives of thousands if projects like the CIVIL ( Canadia Institute of Vocational and Industrial Learning) Centre gets off the ground. Next to cash:
- A group of you specializes in securing funds for your operations. You can deploy the same skill set for PK as your Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) focus.
- A group of you are eco sensitive. India is the steerage of the spaceship Earth. If India degrades the eco system within its borders, it will have catastrophic consequences for the spaceship Earth. May be, PK work in one city, Chikballapur, can show the way to a few others and your direct involvement matters.
- Some of you may know a senior executive of a private company who may be interested in setting up a branch plant in India. May be, you could speak to him or her to view PK as an escalator to get into India.
- Your organization is a research organization with a global reach. May be the time has come for your organization to tap further into the enormous intellectual power of highly trained and motivated professionals. PK may be the bridge to India. India is not a foreign country but simply a place that is ten-and-a-half time zones away. It is good to remember that Canada spans five time zones.
- Some of you can simply broadcast the message of a local group attempting to give a hand up to the poorest of the poor in one city and develop a community consensus on “Adopting Chikballapur”. Chikballapur is such a polysyllable noun that we need to simplify it to CBPur or to borrow from airline companies, simply CBP. We are reluctant to suggest Chikpur for fear of offending some women although in the local language Kannada Chikpur literally means a small city.
- Money may not be everything in life but it is next to whatever is. Your cash contributions will make a difference in the lives of thousands if the CIVIL (Canadia Institute of Vocational and Industrial Learning) Centre gets off the ground.
- One of you may know a wealthy person who is looking for a cause to channel his or her philanthropic drives. Introduce PK to him or her.
- Can you spare 20 minutes a day, while coming to and going back from your office, on how you can help the poorest of the poor? Contrary to folk wisdom, ideas matter.
- Encourage an employee or colleague to take the lead in implementing the Charity of Choice 2009 and make it into a substantive reality. The big difference is that giving for CIVIL is not so much a charity for a skill training centre as a passport office for the needy to get out of their destitute condition.
- If you are interested in getting to know the status of the mining in India, Your organization can fund and initiate a project with CIVIL and get the research going on. This may lead to a very good knowledge transfer mutually.
- If you are thinking of outsourcing some of your documentation work / or any of the low – skilled work which is costing too high to recruit people locally, you can outsource the same to CIVIL. CIVIL will undertake the projects and can save your costs 1/3rd.
- If you want to take a break for 2-3 months, you can volunteer your time to spend 2-3 months in India with PK to serve the poorest of the poor.
- If your organization wants to set up their branch in India, CIVIL can be the potential partner. (Long term plans)
- If your organization wants to give certification courses on Mining or other research for Indian student fraternity, they can route their certification programs through CIVIL in either Distance Education mode or E-Learning mode.